Friday, September 7, 2012

Egg-White Cookies and a Pedicurist from Heaven

A visit to my mom yesterday to take her on errands. She treats her pedicures like medical appointments and I imagine that her pedicurist of the past 30 years, a lovely, effervescent woman named Eliana has become her therapist of sorts. I came back from walking around Broadway in Millbrae to find that she was giving her customers these cookies. When she told me she had cookies for me, I thought, I won't be able to eat these (not gluten-free) and they will torture me in traffic on the way back to Berkeley. Then at closer glance, I realized these were egg-white cookies...no flour, yay! I ate about 5 of them and save the rest for the boy. And they (and Eliana) were a little sunshine in an otherwise hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment